|AGE||Approx 7 months|
|PARASITE PREVENTION||Flea and Worm|
|PR Source Number:||RE115578|
Cat Adoption Process
- Application Form (Cat Adoption Application) completed via our website, including any questions you have
- Melbourne Animal Rescue reviews and contacts applicants within approx 3 days
- Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes.
- A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
- Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Cat Adoption Policy
Please note: completing an adoption form does not guarantee that an adoption will take place.
Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reserves the right to choose the most suitable applicant and reject those deemed less suitable.
Occasionally, there can be multiple applications for the one animal and there is no 'First In - Best Dressed' - the multiple applications are vetted for the most suitable.
We do our utmost to contact all applicants, including those who are unsuccessful, to infom them of the result but as we are staffed by volunteers, most of whom work full time, occasionally responses are overlooked and we apologise in advance if this occurs.
MAR does not adopt to those who are not permanent residents of Australia.
Also note the following strict policies, designed for the cat’s health and safety;
- White cats will only be adopted to indoor only homes
- Cats with pale noses/ear tips will only be adopted to indoor only homes
- Cats that will be allowed outdoors will only be adopted to homes on quiet streets, away from main/busy roads and intersections