One of the sweetest and snuggliest cats you will ever meet!
She absolutely adores people and attention - she likes to be wherever you are, 'helping' with whatever you are doing. The moment you sit down she will seize the chance for smooches and cuddles and won't move from your lap until you stand up!
She is very confident in herself and full of personality, and has her own little cute quirks - for example, whenever she wants something, she will lift up one paw and wait for you to work out what she's asking for. She'll keep putting her paw up until you get it right, you silly human!
When there is no human available to snuggle, you'll find her burrowing under blankets or cushions for a cat nap. Though if you'll allow her, Esme's favourite place to sleep is under the covers in bed with you!
Esme would do best as an only cat where she can be absolutely spoiled with love - she has lived with other cats and dogs but is prone to getting picked on as she's a lover not a fighter. She is so affectionate so would probably prefer to be an only kitty child child so she will always get lap and cuddle time!
Esme is a pedigree Cornish rex and would best paired up with a family that is savvy with the breeds needs and quirks. If you are interested in adopting this stunner please apply via the following link - CAT Adoption Application.
|FIV TESTED||YES - negative|
|PARASITE PREVENTION||Flea and Worm|
|PR Source Number:||EE101639|
Cat Adoption Process
- Application Form (Cat Adoption Application) completed via our website, including any questions you have
- Melbourne Animal Rescue reviews and contacts applicants within approx 3 days
- Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes.
- A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
- Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Cat Adoption Policy
Please note: completing an adoption form does not guarantee that an adoption will take place.
Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reserves the right to choose the most suitable applicant and reject those deemed less suitable.
Occasionally, there can be multiple applications for the one animal and there is no 'First In - Best Dressed' - the multiple applications are vetted for the most suitable.
We do our utmost to contact all applicants, including those who are unsuccessful, to infom them of the result but as we are staffed by volunteers, most of whom work full time, occasionally responses are overlooked and we apologise in advance if this occurs.
MAR does not adopt to those who are not permanent residents of Australia.
Also note the following strict policies, designed for the cat’s health and safety;
- White cats will only be adopted to indoor only homes
- Cats with pale noses/ear tips will only be adopted to indoor only homes
- Cats that will be allowed outdoors will only be adopted to homes on quiet streets, away from main/busy roads and intersections